A cancer diagnosis affects your body, mind and spirit. You want a team that provides treatment options and technology to give you the best chance. At Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital, your treatment may include radiation therapy. Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital provides the only southwest Iowa-based radiation therapy department within 50 miles of Council Bluffs. We offer a convenient location with adjacent parking and flexible scheduling to meet the needs our patients and their families.
Your team - helping you beat cancer
If your cancer treatment plan includes radiation, your team may include:
- A board-certified radiation oncologist
- Radiation therapists
- A certified medical dosimetrist
- A physicist
- Nursing and technical staff specializing in radiation therapy
Meet our Radiation Oncologists
Advanced treatment technology to give the best care
We use state-of-the-art technology to deliver precise treatments safely and effectively. These treatment capabilities, combined with integrated imaging systems, enable us to perform the most advanced computer-driven treatment as well as conventional therapy techniques. The result? Treatment options, better outcomes and shorter recovery for you. Radiation treatment may include:
- Varian TrueBeam Linear Accelerator
- The IMPAC/MOSAIQ Record and Verify System to ensure patient safety.
- The Philips Brilliance Big Bore CT simulator allows treatment planning to take place in the exact position the patient will be treated.
- By combining information from MRI, CT or X-ray images with scans from the simulator, we are capable of planning a radiation treatment that precisely maximizes the dose to the tumor while sparing normal tissue.
- The ADAC Pinnacle Treatment Planning system creates an individual treatment plan from three-dimensional images of the tumor.
- IMRT - Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy provides highly accurate radiotherapy that utilizes a computer-controlled linear accelerator to deliver precise radiation doses to malignant tumors
- Portal Vision offers an efficient automated process for physicians to verify if patients are positioned correctly.
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Interventional Radiology
Methodist Jennie Edmundson Radiation Oncology Department
One Edmundson Place
Council Bluffs, IA 51503