Magnet Nursing Center
Achieved the "gold standard" of nursing
Methodist Hospital has achieved Magnet Status - the "gold standard" of nursing awarded to only 6 percent of the nation's hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialling Center (ANCC). The Magnet Recognition Program® recognizes health care organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
Magnet Nursing at Methodist
When you are hospitalized, your nursing care is critically important. At Methodist Women's Hospital, we have implemented standards for nurses in our units:
- All nurses caring for adult patients are ACLS-certified.
- All nurses caring for infants are NRP-certified.
- All nurses are certified within their area of specialty within two years of hire.
- 80% of our nurses have a BSN or higher.
- CORE RNs on every shift – CORE nurses are empowered to make staffing decisions,are clinical experts and have extensive training in their area of specialty, as well as additional leadership training.
- On average, our RNs have over 13 years of experience.