Occupational and Speech Therapy for Cancer Survivors
Specialized therapy to help you during and after treatment
Cancer can challenge your spirit, mind and body. Treatment and cancer itself can sometimes cause challenges to your speech and swallowing as well as the skills of daily living. We provide occupational and speech therapy to help if you or a loved one are diagnosed with cancer.
Specialized therapists to meet cancer's unique challenges
Our therapists are specially trained in meeting the unique needs of cancer patients. The results of cancer treatments or surgery may challenge you or your loved one's abilities.
Specialized occupational therapy
We provide occupational therapists - skilled in helping you regain or adapt your daily living to the results of your cancer. Our occupational therapists can help with these areas of daily living effected by cancer:
- Lymphedema services
- Energy conservation training
- Evaluation of needs for adaptive equipment
- Evaluation for safety in the home environment
Speech therapy services for cancer patients include:
Speech therapists work with you to minimize the impact cancer treatments and the disease have on your speech and swallowing ability. Some of the services speech therapy provides are:
- Pre-treatment counseling for swallowing conditioning during cancer treatment
- Preventative swallowing exercises, including posture techniques and diet modifications
- Direct swallowing therapy intervention designed for patient’s needs during and after cancer treatment
- Diagnostic evaluations for swallowing function
- Speech evaluation and treatment to address functional changes as a result of surgery
- Pre-surgery evaluation and education for changes with voice
- Voice therapy to address dysfunctional voice production
Occupational therapy and speech therapy services are offered for cancer recovery located next to Methodist Hospital at the Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center.
8303 Dodge St. | Second Floor North Tower
Omaha, NE 68114