Emmi Patient Education Programs
Preparing for a surgical, diagnostic or medical procedure or dealing with a chronic health condition can be overwhelming. In order to help our patients know what to expect and feel more comfortable, Methodist Health System is pleased to offer a unique, online educational program called Emmi.
Emmi education programs help people understand and get involved in their health care. Whether you are preparing for childbirth, a surgical or diagnostic procedure, or want to learn more about a chronic health condition, Emmi can help you know what to expect and feel more comfortable.
- Take about 20 minutes to watch.
- Can be viewed at your own pace on any computer that has Internet access.
- Will help you understand your condition or procedure so you will know what to expect and feel more comfortable.
- Make it easy for you to write down questions or concerns to bring to your physician.
- Can be easily shared with friends or loved ones anywhere in the world.
How can I view an Emmi Program?
- If your health care provider gave you an access code to view an Emmi program before your upcoming procedure, childbirth, or to educate you about a chronic condition, click the blue Emmi box above and enter your access code.
- If you have not received an Emmi code and would like to view a program to help prepare you for the surgery or procedure you are going to have or the birth of your child, please contact your provider.
- You can also self-register for the Emmi programs listed below.
Register and View a Program
Take an active role in your health care by watching an Emmi program to learn more about a chronic condition. New Emmi programs are added regularly. Check back to watch and take charge of your health.
Getting Started Is Easy
Register now and view the Emmi program of your choice by clicking here:
View an Emmi program.
- Acute Low Back Pain
- Bariatric Informed Decision Making
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Coping with a Health Condition
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Failure
- Radiation Therapy
- Thinking About Quitting Smoking
- What to Expect During Your Hospital Stay
- Taking Warfarin (Coumadin®)
- Patient Safety