Pulmonary Rehab Week: March 10-16
Pulmonary Rehab Week, March 10-16, will focus on Pulmonary Rehab’s contribution to enhancing the lives of people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Pulmonary disease is the 3rd leading cause of death in the U.S., and more than 13 million people are diagnosed with pulmonary (lung-related) disease every year.
Benefits of Pulmonary Rehab include:
- Improved quality of life
- Improved ability to perform activities of daily living
- Improved exercise tolerance and strength through aerobic and strength exercises
- Decreased depression and anxiety
- Ability to return to work or leisure activities
- Decreased respiratory symptoms, such as fatigue
- Improved control of shortness of breath by using breathing techniques
- Smoking cessation support
- Nutritional support