Free Head & Neck Cancer Screening
Did you know that approximately 50,000 Americans will develop oral, head and neck cancer this year? And do you know the risk factors, signs and symptoms for this type of cancer?
You should attend a screening if you have:
- used tobacco or nicotine
- a persistent sore or lump on the lips or mouth that does not heal
- a persistent sore throat
- hoarseness or change in voice
- frequent nose bleeds or unusual discharge
- pain or difficulty chewing, swallowing or moving the jaw or tongue
- a personal or family history of cancer of the head and neck area
A free screening is available to the public:
Thursday, April 18, 4-6 p.m.
Methodist Physicians Clinic Council Bluffs
On the campus of Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital (4th floor off the parking garage).
This is an opportunity to identify your risk factors and obtain information on preventive measures.
Appointments for screenings are limited. Preregistration is required. To schedule a screening, call (712) 396-7600.
April 15, 2013