November Is National Home Care & Hospice Month
Each November, the National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC) celebrates National Home Care Month, National Hospice Month, and Home Care Aide Week to honor health care administrators, nurses, clinicians, therapists, aides, homemakers, chore workers and companions who make a remarkable difference in the lives of patients and their families.
The National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC), and its members across the nation, has declared November as “National Homecare Month" and "National Hospice Month." The purpose of this month is to raise public awareness concerning both hospice and homecare. Additionally, this month pays tribute to millions of workers in the homecare and hospice industry.
Methodist Home Health and Hospice provides a professional team of nurses, pharmacists, rehabilitation specialists, social workers and chaplain to bring specialized health care services to patients in the comfort of their own homes. Hospice aspires to help people live fully until the end of their days. Homecare is the provision of physician ordered treatments or care.
Methodist Home Health and Hospice is honored to provide these services:
- Skilled nursing care
- Dressing changes
- Lab draws
- Rehabilitation services: physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Complete line of IV and infusion services including: antibiotics, pain management, chemotherapy, nutrition and hydration therapies, high risk and complicated pregnancy treatments and more
- Clinical pharmacist monitoring
- Quality end-of-life care for terminally ill patients
- Support from a team of trained hospice professionals
- Family-centered care in patient's place of residence
- Comfort care for serious illnesses
- 24-hour, continuous personal response system
For more information, call (402) 354-3200 or visit the website to learn more about Home Health, Hospice, and the services offered by Methodist.
Methodist has gathered resources for those who have become caregivers to family and loved ones. For tips and tools, follow this link.
November 1, 2013