Methodist Volunteers In Partnership (VIP) Annual Meeting & Recognition Luncheon
With more than 600 members, the Methodist Volunteers In Partnership (VIP) supports Methodist Hospital, Methodist Women’s Hospital, Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center and Methodist HealthWest through on-site service and special event fundraising.
At the organization's annual meeting and recognition luncheon, held at Happy Hollow Country Club on Dec. 5, Methodist VIP President Jeanie Owen recapped the accomplishments during her term as president, including two major 2013 fundraisers: a dinner and lecture by author Dr. Gerald Imber in April, and the annual Methodist Golf Classic in August.
From these events, gift shop revenues and VIP funds accumulated, the Methodist VIP contributed nearly $350,000 toward the Methodist Hospital Surgery Renovation and Expansion project in 2013.
2013 VIP Award Honorees
- 20-Year Service Recognition: Janet Taborsky
- 30-Year Service Recognition: Jean Bailey, Nancy Koehler
- Special Service Awards: Nora Chesire, Clark Evans, Shari Peterson
- Friend of the VIP Award: Deborah Conley
- Goodwill Award: Dean Traudt
- Edith Clark Spirit of Volunteering Award: Ed Fendley
- Honorary Lifetime VIP Award: Rita Davies
- Mrs. Wade Martin Award: Terri Sortino
- VolunTeen Senior Scholarships (Methodist Hospital): Carter Collins, Michael Peña, Noah Verboon
- VolunTeen Senior Scholarships (Methodist Women’s Hospital): Devika Prasanth, Rebecca Yuan, Ally Zimme
2014 VIP Board Induction
- Kirsten Hosman, President
- Beth Koukol, President-Elect
- Tamara Giitter, Secretary
- Glynnis Dittrick, Treasurer
- Terri Sortino, Education Vice President
- Kathy Wilson, Social Vice President
- Jeanie Owen, Advisor.
- Members-At-Large: Lisa Freeburg, Nancy Hultquist, Andi Kafka, Suzanne Kotula, Gretchen Mack, Maureen Mahoney, Sandy Nelson, Kathy Peterson, Laura Stevenson and Melodee Thompson
For more information on the Methodist Volunteers In Partnership, call (402) 354-4522.December 23, 2013