National Healthcare Decisions Day: April 16
Do You Have an Advance Directive?
National Healthcare Decisions Day, on Wednesday, April 16, exists to inspire, educate and empower the public and health care providers about the importance of advance care planning.
Methodist Health System is proud to participate in National Healthcare Decisions Day with free events at Methodist Hospital and Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital on Wednesday, April 16.
Our goal is to encourage members of the greater Omaha - Council Bluffs community to complete advance directives while they are in good health, before they are ill or hospitalized. In this way, healthcare providers and facilities will be better equipped to address advance healthcare planning issues before a crisis and be better able to honor patients' wishes when the time comes to do so.
Public Invited to Methodist Hospital on April 16
Free information and assistance related to advance directives (including living wills and powers of attorney for healthcare) will be available to the public at Methodist Hospital on April 16 from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Methodist experts, including social workers, Home Health and Hospice staff and chaplains will be on-site to assist with completion of advance directive paperwork and answer any questions. The process does not take long. Methodist Home Health and Hospice is hosting this free event.
Public Invited to Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital on April 16
Free information and assistance related to advance directives (including living wills and powers of attorney for healthcare) will be available to the public at Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital, in the Family Resource Center, on April 16, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Experts will be on-site to assist with completion of advance directive paperwork and answer any questions.More Information
To learn more about National Healthcare Decisions Day and advance directives:
- At Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital, visit the Family Resource Center on April 16 from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. or contact Jean Armstrong at (712) 396-4200.
- At Methodist Hospital, visit the informational tables in the lobby on April 16 from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. or contact Methodist Pastoral Services Department at (402) 354-4016.
- Click here for the fact sheet "Advance Directives: What You Should Know."
- Learn about Living Wills and Advance Directives
- Learn more about Methodist Home Health and Hospice
- Visit the National Healthcare Decisions Day website at www.nhdd.org.