Methodist Women's Hospital
Sexual Assault Services
Methodist Sexual Assault Hotline:
Available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Located adjacent to the Emergency Department to ensure privacy.
You are not alone.
You have options, thanks to the Heidi Wilke SANE/SART Survivor program at Methodist Women's Hospital.
What to expect when you arrive
Someone who understands and cares
- Identification and care of injuries
- Evidence collection
- Preventive treatment for some sexually transmitted diseases
- Emergency pregnancy prevention
- Emotional support
- Counseling and crisis care referral
- Health care follow-up recommendations and referral
A special team to provide timely, compassionate care.
All of the individuals you will meet here are specially trained to provide timely, compassionate, expert care — on call, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The team includes:
- The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) is a person you can count on to listen to you, evaluate and tend to your health care needs, collect evidence, document findings and furnish referrals to the people, agencies and services that can help once you leave the hospital.
- A Physician is another member of your team available to treat injuries and address any medical problems, large or small.
- A Victim Advocate from the YWCA will support you before, during and after the exam. The advocate will also be able to refer you to ongoing individual and group counseling programs sponsored by the YWCA.
- A Law Enforcement officer will maintain your safety, take custody of evidence and investigate the report.
- Additional Resources are available as needed — laboratory, infection control staff, pastoral care, patient education and more.
The Follow-Up Care Guidelines may be helpful to your health care provider as he or she discusses your follow-up treatment plan. We recommended that you print this form and take it with you to your first appointment.
About the Heidi Wilke SANE/SART survivor program
Care, comfort and dignity following a sexual assault.
How the Program Started
- Nebraska Domestic Violence
- Nebraska HIV Testing
- Project Harmony
- Omaha YWCA
- Iowa Sex Offender Registry
- Nebraska Sex Offender Registry
- Omaha Police Department
- Methodist Hospital Foundation