Methodist Women's Hospital
Visitation, prayer and spiritual encouragement
To meet the spiritual needs of patients and their families, pastoral care staff will be available at the hospital 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our in-house chaplains honor and affirm all faiths, values and cultures and are available to help patients and families in any way they can.
To request a visit by a hospital chaplain, contact your nurse or call "0".
How we can help
- If you are struggling with the meaning of your illness.
- If you have concerns with spiritual issues outside of illness.
- If you are wrestling with difficult treatment choices.
- If you would like to request a religious ritual specific to your tradition.
- If you desire to express anxiety or fear or to confide in a "safe" person.
- If you have received bad news.
- If you are far from home and would like support.
- If you are anticipating surgery.
- If you would like someone to pray with you or bless you.
- If you are grieving a loss.
The photo shows the Healing Garden’s labyrinth which features a woman’s silhouette. The labyrinth, one of the few in the city, anchors the healing garden at Methodist Women's Hospital.
The Healing Garden includes children's play areas, dining areas and seating. The tranquil green space provides quiet, peace and beauty in the area between the Medical Office Building and the Women's Hospital. Bubbling rocks throughout the garden will incorporate the calming sounds of water.