Methodist Health System Services
Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital Radiation OncologyMethodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital provides the only southwest Iowa-based radiation therapy department within 50 miles of Council Bluffs. We offer a convenient location with adjacent parking and flexible scheduling to meet the needs our patients and their families.
The Radiation Oncology team at Methodist Jennie Edmundson Cancer Center consists of a board certified radiation oncologist, radiation therapists, a certified medical dosimetrist and a physicist. With state-of-the-art technology, we have the ability to give the greatest energy options, widest range of treatment and highest dose rate in a precise and safe manner.
- The IMPAC/MOSAIQ Record and Verify System ensures patient safety.
- The ACQSim CT simulator allows treatment planning to take place in the exact position the patient will be treated.
- By combining information from MRI, CT or X-ray images with scans from the ACQSim, we are capable of planning a radiation treatment that precisely maximizes the dose to the tumor while sparing normal tissue.
- The ADAC Pinnacle Treatment Planning system then creates an individual treatment plan from three-dimensional images of the tumor.
- Real-time prostate seed brachytherapy is available.
- IMRT - Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy is highly accurate radiotherapy that utilizes a computer controlled linear accelerator to deliver precise radiation doses to malignant tumors
- Portal Vision - offers an efficient automated process for physicians to verify if patients are positioned correctly.
These capabilities, combined with integrated imaging systems, enable the department to perform the most advanced computer-driven treatment as well as conventional therapy techniques.
Methodist Jennie Edmundson Cancer Center
Radiation Oncology Department
One Edmundson Place
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Fax (712) 396-7644