Methodist Health System Services
Family Health Tips, Tools and Resources
You want the best for your family, from good nutrition to healthy growth and development. We have assembled a group of tips, tools and resources with information to help.
The Healthy Child
- Childhood Development QuizHow much do you know about physical and emotional development as a child ages? Take a short quiz to test your knowledge.
- First Year Feeding Guide
Recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics for your baby's first year.
- Child's Estimated Adult Height Calculator
You'll need to know mom's and dad's current height to help calculate the estimate of how tall the child will be when she or he becomes an adult.
- BMI Calculator for Children and Teens
This calculator gives an approximate BMI for children from ages 5 to 18. It will tell you if a child is underweight, at an ideal weight, at risk of being overweight, or is now overweight.
- What is Considered a 'Normal' Growth Rate?
Length and weight count, but also internal growth and development. Check out the collection of charts and facts from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
The Healthy Teen
- Teen Health Quiz
Check your knowledge of health during the teen years with this quick quiz.
- Keeping Your Cool While Parenting Teens
Strategies to help you keep your cool and your love intact during the teen years.
- Understanding the Teen Brain
Information about the developing teen brain and its effect on behavior.
- Acne Quiz
Learn about acne with this multiple choice quiz. You'll learn, for example, which factors promote blackheads.
Nutrition and Your Family
- Food Nutrition Instant Databank
Instantly find the nutritional value of any food, category or food, or name-brand food with this tool from the United States Department of Agriculture(USDA).
- Offbeat Ways to Eat Better, Exercise More
Try these unusual tips for ways to increase healthy nutrition and exercise.
- 25 Ways To Get Fit
Physical activity is part of your daily life - make it work for you!