Mother and Baby
Caring for you and baby with comfort, safety and privacy
Once your baby is born, you will be moved to a special room for you to recover and spend your first days with your baby. We promise to do our best to ensure that you are ready to handle the challenges of new parenthood. Learn about the special features to keep you and your new family safe and comfortable:
You will recover in a private room designed with safety and comfort including:
- Flat screen TV with DVD player
- Refrigerator for personal use
- Family spaces with comfortable sleep sofas
- Comfortable seating for visitors
- Wireless Internet access throughout the facility
- Convenient, hidden power outlets to keep personal electronics charged and ready
- In-room safe for valuables
- Storage areas, wardrobe, coat hooks, luggage rack
Safe and spacious bathroom
The large, easy-access bathroom features handicap rails, adjustable showerhead, hair dryer and motion-sensor lighting. The floor was designed without a shower lip so moms in wheelchairs can roll from the bed to the shower on a level surface.
24-hour in-room food service
Once your physician determines you are able to safely eat, we offer around-the-clock room service for food, snacks and meals. You and your support person and family can order from your in-room menu. Family members and spouses are able to pay for their meal when it is delivered.
Family and visitors
Your spouse or support person may stay with you in your room. We also have family lounges for quiet relaxation and conversation equipped with comfortable furniture, televisions and a computer. Additional information about our hospital is available in the Patient and Visitors section.