The Methodist Fremont Health Surgery Center is a multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center.
Specifically designed for outpatient procedures and surgery, our center features three operating rooms and a procedure room. We offer patients a safe and comfortable environment to receive outpatient surgical care. The patient-friendly design of our center ensures optimum flow, expedited patient registration, and convenient parking. Our physicians and highly qualified clinical staff strive to meet and exceed your expectations by providing you a positive outpatient surgical experience.
This program is designed to instruct patients and/or family members on specific surgical procedures. Pre-Surgery Admission Liaison (PAL) nurses call within one week of your scheduled surgery to obtain health history information, instruct you on your surgical procedure, and answer any questions or concerns you may have about your procedure.
For more information, please call the PALs office at (402) 727-3606.
Before and After Surgery
Before Your Surgery
One of our nurses will contact you 24 to 48 hours prior to your scheduled procedure to let you know what time you need to arrive. They will review your health history with you and provide any additional instructions.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight prior to your surgery, including gum, candy, throat lozenges, and water. If you do not follow these instructions, your procedure will be rescheduled.
- Notify your physician of any change in your health such as a cold, fever, sore throat, or runny nose, or if you start any new medications.
- Review and follow all instruction that were provided to you during your pre-operative consultation with your surgeon.
- Contact your physician prior to taking any aspirin products, ibuprofen, or blood thinners.
- Arrive promptly at your scheduled time to allow adequate time for all the necessary admission procedures.
- Bring your driver’s license and insurance card(s) with you, but leave all other valuables at home including watches, rings, and other jewelry.
- If you are having an orthopedic procedure and will require crutches after your procedure, please bring them with you. Your surgeon can write a prescription for you to get them from Physical Therapy or a pharmacy before coming to the surgical center.
- Wearing contact lenses is not advised. If you require lenses to complete your paperwork, please bring them with you, as well as a case for them.
- If you wear glasses, please bring a glasses case with you for your glasses during you procedure.
- Arrange for an adult over the age of 19 to drive you home and stay with you for the next 24 hours to help you with your recovery. If this is a problem for you, please let us know ahead of time.
After Your Surgery
You will arrive in our post anesthesia care unit, where you will be monitored very closely. Once you are starting to wake up, you will be transferred to the recovery area, where your family will be able to join you. You will need to drink something and have a light snack before we dismiss you to go home. All patients must be accompanied by a responsible adult (at least 19 year old) who will receive the postoperative (home care) instructions. This person will also need to drive you home and stay with you for at least 24 hours after your procedure.
- It is normal to feel discomfort in the area of your surgery.
- You may also be drowsy or dizzy or have a sore throat, depending on the type of anesthesia you received.
- Your surgeon will provide specific instructions for your care while recovering at home. It is important you follow these instructions carefully.
- Rest the remainder of the day.
- For the first 24 hours after your procedure and while taking narcotics, do not drive, engage in any strenuous activities, drink alcoholic beverages, or make any critical decisions.
- You may return to work or school as instructed by your physician.
- Our nurses will attempt to call you 24 to 48 hours after your procedure to check on you.
Methodist Fremont Health Surgery Center
840 East 29th Street
Fremont, NE 68025