In order to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients and staff during the COVID-19 outbreak, the visitation policy at our facilities has changed: As of April 1, 2020, no visitors will be allowed at Methodist Health System hospitals. Please take a moment to review the full, updated policy on our COVID-19 information page.
Methodist Fremont Health Medical Center believes that family and friends have an important role in the patients’ care. Because of this, we do not have restricted visiting hours for the majority of the Medical Center.
In order to provide a quiet and peaceful environment for patients to rest and heal, we ask visitors to adhere to the following Quiet Time guidelines, which allow family and friends to comfort their loved ones while also providing the quiet time that our patients need to recover. We recognize there will be exceptions to these guidelines based on patient medical condition and/or psychological needs.
Daily Quiet Times
Afternoon: 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
Evening: 9 p.m. – 5:30 a.m
Visiting After Hours
In order to provide a safe and secure environment, all entrances to the Medical Center (excluding the Emergency Department entrance) are locked at night to eliminate unauthorized public access. During this time, interior access is also limited.
Restricted Access Times
Evenings: 9 p.m. – 5:30 a.m.
Instructions for Visiting after Hours
- Check-in at the Emergency Department registration desk, where you will be assigned a visitor badge. Keep this badge on your person at all times.
- This badge will allow you access to the patient care unit to which your family member or friend is admitted.
- After-hours visitors will use the south elevators marked “Staff Use Only”.
- To gain access to the elevators, place your badge in front of the badge reader that is located across from the restrooms. You should hear a beep and see a green indicator light. Proceed through double doors.
- Proceed to the elevator lobby; push the button for the elevator.
- Once INSIDE the elevator, pass your access badge in front of the reader and push the button for the appropriate floor - 3rd or 4th Floors. (Note: no public access to 5th and 6th Floors)
- You will need your badge to exit the unit.
- Return badge to the Emergency Department registration desk.
NOTE: Do not hold or prop open card-access doors for more than a few seconds. This will prompt an alarm and a response from security.
For the health and well-being of our patients and residents, please do not visit if you are sick.
All patients have a right to choose who may visit them during their inpatient stay, regardless of whether the visitor is a family member, a spouse, a domestic partner (including a same-sex domestic partner) or other type of visitor, as well as their right to withdraw such consent to visitation at any time. Visitation privileges will not be denied on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.