Fremont Health offers a full range of advanced cancer diagnostic and treatment capabilities, including radiation therapy, chemotherapy and surgical options.
Comprehensive services make it easy to stay closer to your home, family and support systems. It’s all right here — local care from expert cancer specialists, combined with the comfort of knowing it’s all just minutes from home.
Medical Oncology (Chemotherapy)
Many patients receiving cancer treatment at Fremont Health will be placed in the care of a medical oncologist. This type of doctor specializes in the treatment of cancer with the use of chemotherapy or hormonal therapy. Medical oncologists oversee a patient’s care from diagnosis to recovery.
Patients receive outpatient chemotherapy treatments by Nebraska Cancer Specialists in a closely monitored, comfortable area.
For more information, contact us at (402) 941-7030.
Radiation treatments include:
- Stereotactic needle biopsies
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanner
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Sentinel lymph node mapping
- External beam radiation therapy
Each radiation therapy treatment is specific to an individual patient and diagnosis. These cutting-edge treatments are administered under the supervision of board-certified radiation oncologists, dosimetrists, physicists and radiation therapists.
For more information, contact us at (402) 727-3580.
Fremont Health offers a comprehensive range of surgical services, from progressive robotic-assisted sugery to minimally invasive procedures.
With the da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgical system, and some of the state’s most experienced surgeons in da Vinci procedures, patients benefit from:
- Smaller incisions, less pain and blood loss
- Better outcomes and fewer complications after surgery
- Shorter hospital stays and a quicker return to normal activities