My Health Record. Online health management tool for patients.
Methodist Fremont Health offers our patients a convenient and secure website to help manage your health - My Health Record patient portal. My Health Record patient portal only contains information from visits at Methodist Fremont Health. Your physician’s office will have a separate patient portal that they use. You may also have another patient portal if you visit specialists. Please contact their offices for assistance on accessing those patient portals.
For technical questions that are not addressed online, please call (877) 621-8014, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For questions about your health record, contact the Health Information Management Department (Medical Records) at (402) 727-3323, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
With My Health Record, you can
View information for the following Medical Center visits:
- Radiology test results (within 2 weeks)*
- Outpatient tests & procedures
- Inpatient visits
- Emergency Room Visits
- Urgent Care visits
- Discharge instructions
View test results
Lab test reports will be available online 36 hours after they are finalized.
You can review medications, immunizations, allergies and medical history information.
Request an appointment
Women may request an appointment for a screening mammogram through the patient portal.
Manage other accounts
With proper consent, you can see medical records of family members. Caregivers can manage the healthcare of loved ones privately and conveniently as a proxy to their account.
Get health education information
My Health Record at Methodist Fremont Health is a password-protected secure website. All messages are encrypted to ensure security. Only people you have authorized and your care provider and staff can view your information.
*Some test results are delayed, allowing your physician time to review the results first and contact you directly if there are abnormal results. However, your physician’s office portal may post results immediately after the physician has reviewed the results. This could mean that you will see results in that patient portal before your physician has contacted you.
Ready to enroll? Here’s How.
There are two ways to enroll in the patient portal—during your visit to the medical center or self-enrollment.
- Go to https://fremonthealthpatient.iqhealth.com/self-enroll.
- You will need to enter your legal name and your date of birth.
- You will be asked to enter your email address and the last 4 digits of your social security number OR the MRN# or MR# (a medical record number).
- Continue to follow the instructions to set up a username and password.
- Once your account is created, you will be in the patient portal and will have access to your online medical health information.
At the Medical Center
- When you register for services at Methodist Fremont Health, the patient registrar will assist you with the enrollment process. They will need your personal email address and your answer to a challenge question asked for security purposes.
- Remember how you answered the challenge question. You may want to write it down.
- You will receive an email invitation. Follow the instructions in the invitation in order to activate your account.
- You must do this for each account you request.
- Check your spam or junk folder if you do not see a message invite in your inbox within 24 hours.
- Access the link in the email invitation.
- Log in using the email address you provided to Registration, along with the answer to the challenge question that was asked. Then create a username and password.
- Complete the process soon because the email invitation expires in 90 days. You will receive a reminder before it expires. However, if you forget, just contact Methodist Fremont Health at 402-727-3323 to receive a new email invitation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my information secure?
Methodist Fremont Health’s patient portal is HIPAA compliant and provides you with the ability to securely view, store, and share your health information.
Can I view family member records?
Yes, with the proper authorization. You will need to sign a release through our Health Information Management Department (Medical Records). This is also referred to as having proxy access.
Why can’t I have access to the records for my child who is over the age of 13?
State and federal patient privacy regulations limit the amount of information that can be released for patients in this age range. To prevent the accidental release of any protected health information for these patients, My Health Record currently does not provide access to these accounts.
Can spouses/significant others share one account?
No, because of the sensitive nature of medical information, each adult must establish his or her own account. If the spouses/significant others wish to share medical information, they must request and be granted proxy access to each other’s accounts.
Is patient health information stored on the Internet?
No, patient information is not stored on the Internet. It is stored on our secure data center.
What if I forget my password?
You may request a password reset through the patient portal. You will then receive an email with instructions on how to change your password and allow access to the portal. Note: the email will arrive from email@example.com
What is Cerner and why is it referenced in the patient portal?
Cerner is the company we use to securely manage your electronic medical record information. My Health Record at Methodist Fremont Health is a customized Cerner system which provides you with the capabilities to interact with the electronic medical record system.