Spiritual Care Services
Spiritual care services staff members are available for visitation, prayer and spiritual encouragement 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To request spiritual care services while inside the hospital, dial 0#. If you need assistance contacting your minister or the community chaplain, please notify your nurse.
Visitation, Prayer and Spiritual Encouragement
To meet the spiritual needs of patients and their families, spiritual care services staff are available at the hospital 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our in-house chaplains honor and affirm all faiths, values and cultures and are available to help patients and families in any way they can.
To request a visit by a hospital chaplain, contact your nurse or call "0".
How Can We Help
Chaplains can assist in many ways:
- If you are struggling with the meaning of your illness.
- If you have concerns with spiritual issues outside of illness.
- If you are wrestling with difficult treatment choices.
- If you would like to request a religious ritual specific to your tradition or beliefs.
- If you desire to express anxiety or fear or to confide in a "safe" person.
- If you have received bad news.
- If you are far from home and would like support.
- If you are anticipating surgery.
- If you would like someone to pray with you or bless you.