Methodist Patient Portal FAQ
What is the patient portal?
The Methodist patient portal at my.Bestcare.org is a secure online tool for patients of Methodist Health System. It’s a convenient way for you and your family to access your health information and communicate with many of your care providers. The patient portal is available via desktop computer, mobile device or the Methodist Patient Portal app.
How do I sign up to use the patient portal?
There are two ways to sign up:
- If you are 19 or older and have your medical record number (available on a Methodist billing statement or by calling (402) 354-5410), you can self-enroll here. Note: Self-enrollment is not currently available for dependent children. If you are a parent or manage the health of a minor, talk to the child's provider during the next visit to receive an invitation to the portal.
- Talk with your Methodist provider or clinic staff about enrolling. You will need to present a valid photo ID. After they help you register, you’ll receive an activation email from my.Bestcare with instructions to create your account.
I signed up for the patient portal but have not received my email invitation. What should I do?
- Check your junk mail folder. Your email invitation from My.Bestcare or IQHealth.com may be there.
- After confirming you do not have the email invitation, please call Methodist Customer Support Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at (402) 354-5410.
Who can answer technical support questions?
- For help navigating the portal once you have access, call Methodist Customer Support Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at (402) 354-5410. Leave a voicemail after hours and on holidays for a return call the next business day.
- For portal activation and access questions, or other issues that cannot wait for business hours, call Cerner Customer Support 24/7 at (877) 621-8014.
Who can I enroll on the patient portal?
Patients 18 and older can enroll. As an adult, you can enroll yourself and any of your children who are 17 or younger.
As a parent, will I be able to view my children’s health information and manage their health information after they turn 18?
No, after an enrolled child turns 18, the child’s information automatically drops off the parent’s patient portal account. The child will need to enroll as an adult by signing up in person, with photo ID, at his or her care provider’s office.
Can I make appointments with and send messages to any Methodist Health System care provider through the patient portal?
Clinic and hospital staff can confirm if you can make an appointment or send a message to a particular provider. When scheduling appointments through the patient portal, available providers’ names will display on a drop-down menu. When sending messages, available providers’ names will display in a search field.
Is communication through the patient portal intended to replace telephone contact with my care provider’s office?
No. You are welcome and encouraged to call your care provider’s office. The portal is simply another option for you to use for routine matters that do not require an immediate reply.
What is the turnaround time for replies to messages sent through the patient portal?
We will make every effort to respond to your request within 24 hours. Messages received after business hours, on holidays or during weekends will be reviewed the next business day.
How can I find out who has access to my portal account?
Call Methodist Customer Support Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at (402) 354-5410. Leave a voicemail after hours and on holidays for a return call the next business day.
What if I see an error in the information on my account?
Please send a message through the patient portal or call your care provider’s office.
What about return visits to the patient portal?
What is the Methodist Patient Portal app?
With the Methodist Patient Portal app, you can access the patient portal through a convenient app on your phone or tablet.