Spiritual Care Services
Spiritual care services staff members are available for visitation, prayer and spiritual encouragement 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To request spiritual care services while inside the hospital, dial 0#. If you need assistance contacting your minister or the community chaplain, please notify your nurse.
Visitation, prayer and spiritual encouragement
To meet the spiritual needs of patients and their families, spiritual care services staff will be available at the hospital 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our in-house chaplains honor and affirm all faiths, values and cultures and are available to help patients and families in any way they can.
To request a visit by a hospital chaplain, contact your nurse or call "0".
How can we help
Our Chaplains are here to help you with a variety of challenges. Whether you need someone to sit quietly with you or assist with spiritual needs, we are here to help in many ways:
- If you are struggling with the meaning of your illness.
- If you have concerns with spiritual issues outside of illness.
- If you are wrestling with difficult treatment choices.
- If you would like to request a religious ritual specific to your tradition.
- If you desire to express anxiety or fear or to confide in a "safe" person.
- If you have received bad news.
- If you are far from home and would like support.
- If you are anticipating surgery.
- If you would like someone to pray with you or bless you.
- If you are grieving a loss.
The Methodist Women's Hospital Chapel, located on the main level, welcomes patients, families and staff with a stained glass window featuring women and children.
The Healing Garden
We also invite you to visit the Healing Garden, made possible by a generous donation to Methodist Hospital Foundation. Learn how you can help.
The Healing Garden’s labyrinth is one of a few in the city and features a woman’s silhouette. The labyrinth anchors the healing garden at Methodist Women's Hospital and provides a meditative location for reflection.
The Healing Garden includes children's play areas, dining areas and seating. The tranquil green space provides quiet, peace and beauty in the area between the Medical Office Building and the Women's Hospital. Bubbling rocks throughout the garden will incorporate the calming sounds of water.