Heart & Lung Wellness Program
This collaborative program unites primary care providers with a team of cardiac and pulmonary specialists, including RN Care Navigators to provide specialized, coordinated care to heart and lung disease patients.
- A multidisciplinary team approach to patient care, education and empowerment in dealing with chronic disease, similar to the Medical Home-Health Coach care Model
- Ongoing working relationship with clear communication between the patient's primary care provider and specialty team: physicians, Care Navigator, pharmacy, hospital case management staff, palliative care and community resources to address the multiple challenges this patient population may face
Timely and customized care
- Treatment plans customized to the patient's unique medical condition and individual needs
- Hospital follow-up care provided by cardiac and pulmonary specialists within 5 to 7 days after discharge
- Timely clinic access, including same-day appointments, to treat exacerbation of illness
Our goals for patients
- Help patients identify personal health goals and attain the highest quality of life and functional status
- Reduce acute care hospitalizations and overall cost of care for chronic heart and lung disease
- Ongoing collaboration with patient's primary care provider
933 East Pierce St.
Council Bluffs, IA 51503